I am not a good patient.
I am doing amazingly well, except in one area.
As of today, I am on two days of complete bed rest.
I am not even allowed to take a shower.
This too, shall pass (I hope, and rather quickly, thankyouverymuch).
My creative cabinet is completely empty.
I feel as if I have nothing to say or offer in this space.
Except to say, that I’m trying to get my creative mojo back.
While I am convalescing, I am reading and perusing and searching for creative inspiration:
- Take Joy, A Writer’s Guide to Loving the Craft by Jane Yolen (recommended by Ali Edwards)
- Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D300 by Simon Stafford
- Creative, Inc. by Mateo Ilasco & Cho
- The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield
- Handmade Marketplace, by Kari Chapin
- Craft, Inc., by Mateo Ilasco
- Zen Habits, by Leo Babauta
- The $100 Startup, by Chris Guillebeau
- The Creativity Book, by Eric Maisel, Ph.D. (recommended by Ali Edwards)
- The Creative Habit, by Twyla Tharp (recommended by Ali Edwards and many others)
- The Creative License, by Danny Gregory (recommended by Ali Edwards)
- Design*Sponge at Home, by Grace Bonney
- What It Is, by Lynda Berry (recommended by Mary Ann Moss)
- Entropic Kingdom, by Tom Chambers (LOVE this man’s art)
- Pottery Barn Home
- Pottery Barn Living Rooms
- Pottery Barn Bedrooms (want to finally get to decorating my bedroom)
- Pottery Barn Bathrooms (looking for inspiration to redo my bathrooms)