As the Nation celebrates its 235th year of independence with cook outs, get togethers, and crowded venues to watch the fireworks, my weekend celebration is going to be a little more on the low key side. I am not much for dealing with a lot of crowds, either on the road traveling, or to watch fireworks (although I love an awesome fireworks display as much as anyone). And as the retail gods would have it, I'm working on both Sunday and Monday.
So here is my list of things I hope to get done this weekend:
- Lunch with a friend to celebrate her birthday (which was on Sunday, we just haven't had a chance to get together)
- Helping this same friend pick out two kittens (a male and female) on Saturday (which she has already named Elvis and Priscilla.)
- Enjoying a steak, cooked to perfection on the grill by me, followed with farm fresh corn on the cob and a refreshing salad.
- Tackling the drawers and closet in my bedroom — they are a mess!
- Continue working on organizing my craft room, there is still so much that needs to be done in there.
- Enjoying this beautiful weather before the heat and humidity kick back in over the weekend.
- Continue working on my photographic portfolio. I'm going through all of my photos since I began shooting digital in 2005, and selecting the best ones to go into my portfolio.
- Finish up the Ireland album, Part II (and take photos for the blog).
- Take photos of the hummingbirds.
I hope everyone has a safe (and fun!) Independence Day Weekend.
P.S. Butterfly count: 17 healthy butterflies have emerged from chrysalis as of this morning!