I ♥ Positive Feedback

I had my first paid photo shoot on Tuesday, corporate head shots for a financial group.  (A friend of mine works there and recommended me (thanks, Jo!).  I was SO worried about the shoot itself, how the clients would like what I had done, what was I going to do if they hated it, etc.  I provided them a DVD of their images today, and they responded with very positive feedback, and some minor changes, no big deal.  Jo, all along saying "make sure you charge for edits and prints, etc."  She's really pushing me to make me charge for what I'm worth, and that type of advice and support is invaluable.  So, I owe Jo a BIG HUGE THANK YOU!  I have another round of head shots to do for this same company, and hopefully some other photographic opportunities will come out of this.  All the more reason to get my website done, now, and make a decision on my business cards and get them ordered!

Now onto progress on my Christmas Album and some of my processes that I use to put everything together.

DSC_0199
I'm doing a velum or acrylic cover sheet on top of each day (where you see the numbers).

DSC_0202
And here you see the vellum or acrylic sheets on top of each day.

DSC_0203
I am using chipboard numbers for the days, and am painting most of them either a cream, green or red.

DSC_0204
Using my old fashioned Sizzix Die Cut machine to cut chipboard numbers.

DSC_0206
For December 18, I am going to show you how I heat emboss red glitter onto the numbers.  So here is the chipboard number I die cut with the Sizzix machine.  (The Sizzix cuts through chipboard, felt, acrylic, and other surfaces as long as they're not too thick).

DSC_0209
(Sorry for the blurry photos here!)  Then I press each piece of chipboard into a VersaMark stamp pad which is a watermark stamp pad (no ink pigment).  VersaMark is really sticky and holds the embossing powder really well.

DSC_0210
I put the numbers pressed in the VersaMark pad in a tray, and then pour the red embossing powder all over them.

DSC_0211
  DSC_0212 

Embossing powder.

DSC_0213
Numbers covered in embossing powder.

DSC_0214
Heat setting the embossing powder with an embossing heat tool onto the chipboard numbers so the glitter powder stays on the numbers and not all over everything else.

DSC_0215
Numbers have been heat set (sorry again for the blurry photos!)

DSC_0217
Then I put the numbers through the Xyron 150 Create-A-Sticker, which puts adhesive on the back of the chipboard numbers and then I adhere them to the appropriate page.  I do this step whether I paint or heat emboss the numbers.

I am really working on finishing my album this weekend, and will hopefully scan in all of the "before" pages and provide a link for viewing.

Have a great weekend!

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close Menu