A simple page featuring my favorite guy — no need for lots of words or stories — the photos tell the story — end of story.
While cleaning out my office, I found lots of bits of paper in which I write down things I find of interest, most often while watching the Oprah Show, and I thought I'd share them here, because they're worth repeating and remembering.
- Everything in my life I create, promote, allow or step in. If there is something in my life I no longer choose, I take full responsibility for changing it. I am in the driver's seat, and I love it! (From 12 Secrets to High Self-Esteem by Linda Larsen. This statement is so true, and it took me SO long to realize that and accept 100% responsibility for the state of my life, good, bad or indifferent).
- Be absolutely 100% grateful for your life right now as it exists today; not how you wish it could be — only by appreciating what we have at this moment can we gain more abundance. No more "what ifs." Just be thankful and dream big. (Not sure where this one came from).
- Turn every disadvantage into an advantage and you'll be successful.
- True forgiveness is: Thank you for giving me that experience. It taught me self boundaries, to take care of myself, etc.
- Every experience makes you who you are. "I'm okay, I'm fine, better for it."
- Thank those that hurt you because it taught you something about boundaries or becoming more self-reliant.
- When a crisis happens in your life, ask "What are you here to teach me?"
I didn't say it would be easy, self reflection never is, but it is necessary for growth.
I'd like to introduce my favorite new blogger, Elizabeth. You can check out her book reviews for kids here.
Have a great weekend, and do something creative!